Intramurals are after school activities for ALL students.
- Offered each quarter for five weeks, with each quarterly session requiring a new form
- submission for admittance.
- Please check out our Lakeview Activities Calendar for these dates.
- The activities are teacher sponsored with no feeds, but could have limited spots due to the
- amount of interest expressed by students.
- Buses are provided at the conclusion of each of these dates during the five weeks and will leave
- the school at approximately 4:15 PM.
Click on each club or group below to learn more about it, including meeting dates, times and signup links.
Intramural signups will begin Friday, , at noon, and will close Thursday, at 10 pm.
YOU MUST SIGN UP IN EVENTBRITE TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT!! Parents should sign up the STUDENT, not themselves in Eventbrite.
You must follow the link to sign up for the activity that you would like to participate in. You will immediately know if you are in the activity or if you have been put on the wait list. **Please sign your CHILD up; not as a parent. You do NOT need to print out your ticket; it acts as a place holder for the session. Please download and fill out the permission form OR get a form from the shelf outside of room 152, from the Intramural board in the commons or in the office.
How to Sign up for Intramurals Tutorial
To participate in activities you must have:
- A signed permission slip is required each quarter.
- Buses were assigned to students and cards were given out during registration and the first few days of school. If you are not sure of your child's assigned bus and stop location, that information will be available through the sponsor of the activity. The form will be available in the office, distributed through the teams, or see Ms. Martensen. It is important to listen to announcements to stay informed so you won't miss the fun!
- Some classes may require a minimal fee. Arrangements to pay the fee must be made before the first class. Each session is held on Tuesday and/or Thursday from 2:40 p.m. to 3:55 p.m. Bus transportation home is provided if prearranged. A bus schedule is also posted in the Commons.
We reserve the right to cancel activities due to lack of student interest. Hopefully that won't happen. However, if a class/activity is canceled, parents will be notified by phone and students will be encouraged to join another activity.
Things to Know
- Intramural sign-ups typically happen 1-2 weeks before the session start date.
- Intramurals start after school and run until 4:00
- Car riders are picked up at the front of the school starting at 4:00
- Students riding the IM bus will typically load the bus at approximately 4:00.
- Sign-ups are on a first-come-first serve basis
- Watch the announcements to see when IM sign-ups are happening or you can always ask me.
- Forms are available outside of Room 152, on the board in the commons, or in the office.
- Sign up for RemindMe to receive text message reminders about intramural information OR text @lmsims to 81010.
- Students MUST check the board in the commons (near the restrooms) to see if they have been placed in an Intramural session.
- We do not send notification of student placement
- Students need to check the board in the commons for IM bus.
- Your IM bus is not the same as the bus that brings students to school in the mornings.
- Suggestions for session offerings are always welcome.
Please contact Mrs. Martinez at 816-359-5847.
- Session 1: 9/14 - 10/14
- Session 2: 11/9 - 12/16
- Session 3: 1/25 - 2/24
- Session 4: 4/5 - 5/5